Brisbane, final days!

Our final day in Brisbane was met with more walks up its INCREDIBLY steep street! See the house photo below showing just how crazy these streets are, if you don't believe me. The photo of Blake walking down is taken on Stoneleigh, Brisbane's second steepest street at a 1 in 3.4 incline; 16.4 degree angle; 29 per cent slope. No I didn't bring my protractor, but I did look that up and turns out that's mighty steep!




Above you see me at the top of the Brisbane City Hall's Clocktower, having ran out of time the day prior, Blake and I went back especially for the 15 minute ride to the top. In the past you would have seen all the way to the river! But now there are hunks of steel, glass, and metal blocking the view. I'm told these are called "sky scrapers" and are a sign of "progress" ...hmm looks more like "pro-gross" to me. 



As I mentioned before, Blake and I have gotten a bit tired of eating out all the time, and our pocketbooks are wearing a bit thin, so we have had chance to stop by the market and make a fine little meal for ourselves. Above you see rotisserie chicken with microwaved potatoes and heated up frozen peas. I tell you it was quite the treat!

Stay tuned for details on our first foray into the countryside with Blake driving on the wrong (or is it right, no left, wait, what?) side of the road, the Queensland government's efforts to keep drivers AWAKE, are marvelously charming lodging in Bagara, Sonja enjoying the ocean?!?!?!? and our GREAT BARRIER REEF EXCURSION! Don't sit on the edge of your seat waiting though, that's bad for your back, and you'll get tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brisbane Wonderful (A play on words "It's been wonderful)

Not all that glitters is Gold(en) Coast....a Surfer's Paradise lost

What's in a Name?